Withdrawals from junior accounts are similar to withdrawals from ordinary accounts. Under the age of 12 the share withdrawal must be signed for by a parent or guardian. Over the age of 12, the child must sign for themselves (this is the same guidance as for passport applications).

Withdrawals under £50 may be paid in cash by prior arrangement, withdrawals over £50 have to be paid into a bank account either the child’s bank account or a bank account nominated by their parent or guardian.  You will be asked on the withdrawal application to provide details of the account you wish the money to be paid into.