About Internet Banking
Internet Banking puts you in charge. It is easy to register and it is free. You can access your account 24/7 and keep track of your money.
When you register for Internet Banking, we check your details then send you confirmation by email.
Once you are registered you can use Online Banking by logging on to your account.
Online Banking services enable you to view your account balance, view transactions, apply for a loan, make a share withdrawal request and send us a secure message.
You can also use your iPhone, iPad, smartphone or tablet, click here to find out more about Mobile Banking.
There can be a delay of up to an hour in updating transactions on your account, if a recent item isn’t showing then try later.
Do you have an Engage Account? You can also manage your Engage Account online!
Click here to register your card. You will need the activation code sent to you by SMS text message or email when first issued with your card.
How to Register
Not Registered? Register for Internet Banking here
Complete the online Internet Banking request with your details, create your PIN and password.
We will check your details and send you confirmation by email when you are registered.
You will then be able to access your Advance Credit Union account using the details known only to you, whenever and wherever you want.
Need help logging in to your account? Try our simple guide or watch our video guide
Log on to your account
Watch here video guide, or follow the instructions below for simple steps to log on to your Advance Credit Union account online.
• Step 1 – Follow the link to AdvanceCU Internet Banking. You may want to save this in your bookmarks or favourites
• Step 2– Membership Number
Please have your Advance CU Membership Number to hand; this will be on your membership book, statement or Welcome letter.
• Step 3 – PIN
This is the 4 digit number you created when registering for Internet Banking. Forgotten your PIN?
• Step 4 – Date of Birth
Your Date of Birth
• Step 5 – Login
Click the ‘Login’ button
• Step 6 – Password
This is the password you entered when registering for Internet Banking. Forgotten your password?
• Step 7 – Click here to continue
Your name will be on screen ‘you are logged in’.
Check that the date and time that you last logged in are correct. Contact us or phone 0121 350 8883 if you think that your account has been compromised.
Click on ‘click here to continue’ to see your account balance and use Internet Banking
The Options list is on the Right:
- Check your balances
- View a mini statement
- transfer money
- apply online for a loan
- amend personal details
- request or print forms
- send a secure online enquiry
Benefits of Internet Banking
Not yet registered for Internet Banking? Register here
Faster, more convenient
Access your money 24/7
Manage your money on the move with Mobile Banking
Manage your Account
Check your balance
Send us a secure online enquiry
Apply for a Loan
Complete your loan application on line
Apply for a Share Withdrawal
Complete your share withdrawal application online
There can be a delay of up to an hour in updating transactions on your account, if a recent item isn’t showing then try again later.
Mobile Banking offers quick and easy banking from your mobile phone or tablet. Manage your money on the move.
If you already use AdvanceCU Internet Banking, you can use your mobile device straight away – just login with your usual internet banking details.
You can use your smartphone, iPhone, iPad or tablet.
Features of Mobile Banking
• Get started right away – just use your existing Internet Banking details to log on.
• no downloads or apps required.
• Check balances & manage your account on the move.
• Apply for share withdrawals
• We use the latest security measures to protect your money and your privacy.
Mobile Banking FAQ
Here are some answers to common questions you might have:
• Is there a mobile banking app?
No, but you can save the login page to your homescreen
• Can I apply for a loan using mobile banking?
Loan applications cannot be made from within mobile banking, you will need to use the desktop version of internet banking to apply for a loan. You can access the desktop version from your mobile device by following these instructions Android Chrome or Apple iPhone
• How do I know that Mobile Banking is secure?
We use the latest online security measures to help protect your money, your personal information and your privacy while banking online with us.
You can check what software your phone provider offers to protect you from online viruses and other hazards. Make sure that Bluetooth is switched off when not in use, and don’t accept or open any applications or MMS messages from unknown senders.
Use your mobile security features (such as creating a PIN) and treat the security of your mobile as you would with a personal computer.
• What if I lose my mobile? Is there a risk someone could commit fraud on my account?
To use Mobile Banking, you need to log on using your Member number, PIN and password. No one will be able to access your account without this information.
We would advise you not to store this information on your mobile or anywhere else.
• What happens if I can’t log on to my account?
If you get a Service Unavailable error then we recommend you try again later. Occasionally, we need to make changes to the service, which requires a temporary interruption in the service.
If you get a Network Unavailable error then we recommend that you try again later. It probably means that you are out of network coverage.
If you get a Network Timeout then we recommend that you try again. Network timeouts can be caused by a number of things, such as:
• high usage of the mobile network
• poor signal strength
• certain older phones with a slower version of GPRS
• I am trying to login in using my iPhone/Android or other Smart Phone but it says “Unable to Validate Login Details”, what can I do?
There are a few different reasons why this screen may appear. The first thing you should do are a few simple login checks:
- Your PIN will be a four digit NUMBER.
- When you registered you had to create both a “Login Password” and “Share Withdrawal” password. Be sure it is the Login Password you are entering. Your login password will be no longer than 12 characters long.
- Your login password IS case sensitive. This means if, when registering for your account, any or all characters in the password were in CAPS, they need to be in CAPS when you log in.
If you have tried all of these steps and you still cannot log in, it may be due to your devices password settings. Some smart phones automatically save passwords you enter for websites, or ask if you wish for them to be saved. As you are entering both a PIN and a password to login to the Members Area, some smart phones may overwrite the login password you input to the PIN you entered and saved previously. If this happens to you, you would need to choose not to save your passwords for this website, and delete any passwords for this website already saved. The process to do this would differ from device to device. Consult your devices instruction manual for more details.
• How can I safely recycle or dispose of my mobile phone/device if I have used it for Mobile Banking?
Before disposing of your mobile phone/device, we recommend you restore it to its factory settings. Then you can safely dispose of it. If you’re not sure, please speak to your handset/device provider who should be able to assist you
• Can I use Mobile Banking abroad?
Yes, although it may be unlawful to access some of the services in some countries and you are responsible for your use of it abroad. Your mobile operator may charge you for using Mobile Banking abroad, and roaming charges may apply, so please check with them.
• What should I do if I suspect my security credentials have been compromised?
You should call us immediately on 0121 350 8883 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
What we do
We take online Security very seriously and have a number of systems and procedures in place to keep your money safe:
- Secure Log on (look for the green padlock in the address bar)
- You will always have to enter the PIN and password known only to you to access your account online.
- Your connection to Internet Banking is encrypted
- We monitor your account for unusual behaviour
- We will never send you an email asking you to reconfirm your security details and we will never contact you to divulge your full passwords via email, telephone or text message
What you can do
There are simple solutions you can put in place to keep you and your information safe online:
- Creating a strong password
- Do not reveal your PIN or Password to anyone
- Check your credit union balances regularly for any unauthorised transactions
- Use anti-virus software
- Prevent spam
- Secure your wireless connection
- Learn more about internet security – see the useful links below
- Keep your operating system up to date
- Staying safe on social networking sites
- Guarding against email scams
- Checking website security
If you think that your Internet Banking security credentials have been compromised you should call us immediately on 0121 350 8883 or email email@example.com