With effect from July 2019 our Common Bond area has been extended to include anyone who lives or works within ‘B’ postcodes including Birmingham and Solihull Borough or works for one of our Payroll Partners.
You are eligible to join if one of these options applies to you:
- Your home address has a postcode beginning with ‘B’
- Your work address postcode begins with ‘B’
- Your home or work address is within Solihull Borough
- You work for one of our Payroll Partners and wish to save or borrow via Payroll Deduction
You can apply for a loan straight away, no need to wait. However members with a history of saving regularly with us are more likely to be offered a lower loan interest rate.
Check our map to see if you can join.
You can join online, we may need to contact you to complete your application.Join
Live outside our area? Work in a specific trade? Police, Fire service, NHS, aerospace, transport and many others – there are many other credit unions across the UK, see www.findyourcreditunion.co.uk to find the best credit union for you!
You can also download and complete a membership application form and return it to the Advance Credit Union office in Erdington or at any of our community Collection Points. We offer access to the credit union services for almost 200 hours a week including two evenings and Saturday mornings. See Where we are to find a branch near you.
The Erdington office contact details are at the bottom of this page.
Once you are a member of the credit union, you can choose how to save regularly with us:
- Bank Standing Order
- Payroll Deduction via your employer.
How do I join?
When you join you will need to:
- Join online or Complete an application form
- Pay a joining fee of £2.00
- Make a payment to open your account (minimum £5.00)
- You may be required to provide two forms of ID (preferably with photograph) and with at least one showing your current address
- You may be required to attend our Erdington office, Chelmsley Wood sub-office or a Collection Point in person
Acceptable forms of ID
We are required by legislation to verify the identity of all our members. The following are acceptable forms of identification:
- Valid passport
- Valid photocard driving licence (full or provisional)
- National Identity card
- Firearms certificate or shotgun licence
- Identity card issued by the Electoral Office for Northern Ireland
If you do not hold the above then two documents from the list below are required as evidence of ID. The second document may be either government-issued, or issued by a judicial authority, a public sector body or authority, a regulated utility company, or another FSA-regulated firm in the UK financial services sector, or in an equivalent jurisdiction, which incorporates:
- your full name,
- your current residential address
- your date of birth.
One document from each column:
|Government-issued documents without a photograph include:
||Other documents include:
See Junior Savers for details of ID for under 18 year olds.
If you do not hold any of the above then please contact us to discuss what other options you may have to join Advance Credit Union.
You can join online right now!Join
Prefer to apply for a loan straight away? That’s OK, apply here