Big day for us last week, we finally have the keys to our new branch on Corporation St in Birmingham city centre! Over the next few weeks we’ll be fitting it out, recruiting additional staff and opening our doors to many more new credit union Members. Erdington branch remains open. This is a very exciting development for us; an opportunity to reinvent credit union for the next generation.
You may have concerns about how the Coronavirus/Covid-19 situation could affect you and your money. See this page for the resources available at this time.
Advance Credit Union is ‘business as usual’; your money is safe and share withdrawals, deposits, loan applications are continuing as normal, but the customer counter is closed for the time being. If you aren’t a Member with us you can apply for a loan online or join online.
Our phones are unchanged; 10am-3pm Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday, 10am-12noon Wednesdays.
There are a few things we can all do to keep everyone safe:
- Wash your hands regularly – see NHS guidance how to
- Avoid touching your face – see this BBC article to understand why
- Stay at home – see government guidance
- Do not come to our office . There are better ways to contact us; online chat, internet banking and email.
- Our phones are very busy at the moment, if you can avoid phoning us that would help free up our phone line for those who really need it. Internet banking, Online chat and email are quicker, easier and helps us to deal with more Members.
- Use our internet banking for share withdrawals; it’s quick and easy.
- 80% of our Members already use our internet banking, if you need some help setting this up please see the instructions here, watch our video or send us a message and we’ll talk you through it.
- If you think that you may be struggling with loan repayments due to the Coronavirus situation then please let us know. We will be as helpful as we can.
- If you’re worried about your financial situation because of Coronavirus, please contact us and we will do what we can to help.
- There is support available, see the government website, contact your council, social housing provider or agency.
We are looking for more employers to partner with us by offering Payroll Deduction as an employee benefit.
AdvanceCU’s financial wellbeing package for employees is a simple but very effective way for employees to access affordable and ethical finance and easily save regularly – straight from their payslip and no cost to the employer.Find out more